As the word on the street is that setting specific goals and having your friends hold you accountable for meeting them is key to keeping New Year’s Resolutions, I have decided to post mine, 2014 edition.
So here they are, in what I think is increasing order of difficulty/decreasing likelihood of success. What are yours?
10. Actually set up Christmas decorations this year
9. Practice playing piano for 1h, 3x per week
8. Dedicate at least one weekend half-day to PhD thesis only (no admin work or emails); preferably use some of this time to plan experiments for the coming week
7. Cut down on eating out; make at least 50% of meals at home
6. Get to work by 8am each day
5. Go to the pool/gym 2x per week
4. Read a book for 30 min, 3x per week
3. Limit non-work Internet time to 1h per day or less
2. Floss at least 3x per week
Spend less time being angry about issues I have no control over (related to #3) oh who am I even kidding